Baby Le Xin

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Cousins!

This is a post about Le Xin spending time with her cousins. My sister's three precious darlings; Tricia, Travis and Little Tevin whom Le Xin adores a lot.

Before I go on about how Le Xin has been interacting with her cousins. I would like to share a special photo of mine.


These two photos were taken when I was two and three. Obviously I can't remember much about my birthday celebrations at that young age but I certainly could recall the fond memories which I had with my cousins.

1) Playing catching! 2) Playing playdough 3) Engaging in lots of role-playing at Yishun with my cousins Dorothy, Jann, Yao Yao and Xiong Xiong 4) Having sleep over at their place 5) Celebrating Christmas and other festivals together..... 6) Quarreling and patching up almost instantly and lots more....

My mother used to be very close with one of my aunties whom we called "Yao Yao Mummy" because my Auntie's first son has the word "Yao" in it. So we often visit Yao Yao Mummy aka Ah Tin Ah Yi! She used to live in Yishun. I believe it was through frequent play dates with my cousins that helped both my sister and I to learn Hokkien. I used to remember eating porridge with my cousins at their place and thinking of that makes me very hungry now. Even though, I seldom contact my cousins ever since my mother passed away, the fond memories of spending time with them still remains.......

So back to Le Xin......I wish she can have such wonderful experiences too. These days the children are busily engaged with all the new gadgets like iPhone, iPad and now Le Xin is apparently very addicted to Youtube. I guess soon it will be Facebook, Twitter, blogging and more. There was once she was sitting at the bus stop watching Dream English using the Youtube app from my Samsung phone, a lady in her fifties saw her and told her friend  Wow nowadays the children in Singapore very hou mia(good life) so young know how to use handphone! Haha but actually I wish Le Xin can step out of her little world in Tampines/MFS and meet more people.  I guess exposing her to her cousins where she could have a big play is a big step for her in terms of building her social skills in a social cultural context, this should be very different from the social skills developed in school!


The first time Le Xin met Tevin was when she was only 2 months old. Back then, I was desperately trying to seek advice/help from my sister on how to take care of an infant! Tevin kept trying to touch Le Xin's face and body, how cute!

My dearest Tri Tri looking like an "Auntie" in this photo. This was the nanny of the day and she was only five years old but take a look at how competent she was when she was caring for a 2-month old Le Xin! How smart!

Le Xin celebrating her first Christmas Party with Bin Bin Ah Yi and her cousins! Mad love Travis's expression so adorable!

A helpful Tricia helping her mum to bath her cousin. Le Xin was crying her head off because my sister tried to wash her hair with shampoo whahahahha!

Tevin initiating a play with Le Xin in a tent!

Tevin brought in some toys in the the tent and started playing with Le Xin!  Look at how chubby Le Xin was at 10 months old! Super cute I want to bite her cheeks to no end!

A curious Tricia and Travis joining in the play. It appeared that they were role-playing some camping game where Tricia carefully explained the rules to the little ones (Yes she is often the DA JIE DA) haha

Le Xin followed Tricia's instruction and lay in the tent and I think Travis was about to do the same action but Tevin was quite adamant about sitting upright or perhaps he was too busy looking at us  taking their photos as if they were little stars!

Le Xin and Tricia playing with a balloon together at Takashimaya! Le Xin often get very excited when she sees a balloonm so when Tricia played the balloon with her, she was giggling merrily.

This group photo was taken after an outdoor play at the playground near my father's place. Look how reluctant Tevin was when he was asked to sit on his mummy's lap. However, Le Xin looked like she doesn't care about anything under the sun :)

It was Travis's birthday so we went to my sister's place for the celebration. Everytime when I look at this photo I feel like laughing. It looked like Le Xin is a boy and Tevin is a girl.

My sisten often asked me each time we discuss the topic about "Only Child". Can you imagine your life without a sibling? I know how she likes to persuade me to give birth to another child so that Le Xin will not feel lonely. Trust me I do feel very tempted to do so but the committment is really something I need to consider carefully.... Nonetheless I am super close with my sister and I thank God for her in my life. I don't have to imagine, just by looking at this photo I can tell my life is going to be very different without you Bin Bin!

My favourite photo! Le Xin giving a big cuddle to her Tevin kor kor! This is a big step for her because she usually does not like to hug or hold hand with peers which is of the same age as her.

Le Xin and Tevin began fighting for toys. Such situtation is very common among toddlers, which reminds me of a poem called The Toddler's Creed by Dr Burton. Fortunately, we have Wai Gong to come in to intervene. He explained to both his grandchildren the need to "SHARE" which is a big concept to them (of course) I think they seemed to understand the concept "MINE" better haha!

It was Tricia's birthday and Le Xin was playing dough with her cousins and my Auntie. She observed for a while before trying it.

Look at Tevin's face whahahahha!
Tevin: Le Xin is my new found girlfriend, if anyone dares to take her away from me, I will not be amused!


Tevin: Yes! Don't laugh nobody nobody nobody but you!!!
Le Xin: Wow! I don't know you so macho! (laughing like mad)
Travis: Ahem Ahem! Excuse me...both of you are treating me as if I am transparent Haiz :(

Tevin: What are you waiting for?爱的抱抱!
Le Xin: A big cudde for you my favourite Tevin Kor Kor!

Tevin: Okay okay Le Xin can you stop hugging me? I can't breathe
Le Xin: I thought you are the one who ask me to hug you?
Tevin: Hey 我只有看的份! 

Le Xin: So if you want me to be your girlfriend, you need to meet my daddy first!
Tevin: Wow so this young uncle is your daddy? Hmmm quite handsome!
Daddy Scott: I want to play with my iPhone, what's the matter my darling?

**Alright enough of Mummy's nonsense**
 The above conversations obviously were all made up by me haha but just by looking at the photos they appeared to be quite true isn't it? Whahahahha

Tricia took Le Xin to her room and taught her how to use her dress up tools at her dramatic corner. At last, Tricia had the chance to teach mei mei how to dress up since she is a sister to two younger brothers. Le Xin appeared to be very interested in using the comb to comb her hair.

Tricia, Tevin, Le Xin and Travis celebrating Wai Gong 63rd birthday at Long Feng Restaurent! Just by looking at their heights you know who is the oldest and who is the youngest haha :)

It was Tevin's birthday, Tevin was really excited to show Le Xin his toys. They just have this special bonding, even though they don't really meet up frequently. Each time I ask Le Xin if she loves Tevin kor kor, she would smile and nod her head. For Tevin's birthday, Le Xin made a special card for him all by herself.... how sweet! Before Le Xin's left my sister's place that night, she and Tevin bid each other goodbye like old friends and give each other a cuddle. This time I didn't manage to capture any photo of them because this sort of love for the cousin was just too spontenous and we can't possibly asked them to hug each other again so that I can take photos of them....That would be too fake right? Anyway my sister, my brother-in-law, Daddy Scott and I had a good laugh when we saw that they were so sweet to each other :)

My sister often nag at me and remind me that sibling's love is very different from other kind of love.......Alright alright I've got your message but since Le Xin is the only child in our family, I am thankful that at least Le Xin has three wonderful cousins to play with and I hope they will become best of friends :) Not thinking too much as of now!

Can't wait for Le Xin's birthday party in September where they can have a big play again :p

Thumbs up for all the wonderful cousins in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment