Baby Le Xin

Monday 1 April 2013

Necklace made from Toilet Rolls!

Haha to promote substainability, I always encourage Le Xin to recycle. So after completing the vowels activity in the morning, I told her  in the afternoon.....hmm maybe today  we can use toilet rolls to make something again! Le Xin smiled and suggested Mummy can we make necklace?
 
I guess she was inspired by this
 
Le Xin and Daddy Scott wearing my rainbow necklaces....
 
Alright then.......time to get started!
 
Remember how I used the toilet rolls the other time? I am going to make a necklace this time round! Excited!!!!
 
Decorating the toilet rolls with coloured markers...
 
Next up, pastel chalks from Daiso!
 
Hey come to think of it I should also use my stickers too.....so let's me choose a nice one!
 
Let's stick it!
 
Tata!! Nice?
 
After decorating my toilet rolls, I am going to start making my necklace now!
 
So Mummy gave me this......is this for my head? It's looks like a hat!
 
Finally I can put all my threading exercises that I have been doing to good use.....Hooray!
 
Nicely done! Do you like it?
 
Mummy T2X went a little crazy and kept snapping photos of me....... I know I look like a mini model to her....
 
Photo #1 ---> The Cutie Look
 
Photo #2 ---> The Carefree Look
 
Photo #3 ---> The  Liang Si Mei Look (haha so happen I am dressed in green that day :p)
 
Photo #4 ---> The Piggy Look
 
Well Mummy's personal favourite is..........
 
The cheeky me!
 
Actually she loves all my photos because she..........
 
she...........
 
she..............................
 
she..................................................
 
she...............................................................................
 
she.......................................................................................................
 
LOVES ME!
 
 
Do you love using recycled materials to craft with your child/children/students too?
 
I strong feel that it is a fantastic way for your child to display his/her creativity.You can source an idea from a book, from the internet, from other media as well and try it out with your child.
 
 Just remember that you need to allow him/her to speak to you and listen attentively. Next, make sure you respect his/her input....Always show that you are interested and then allow him/her to express his/her creativity and you will be able to see wonders.......
 
Leaving you guys with my favourite quote from Mary Lou Cook.....
 
"Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.”
 
What is your definition of Creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment