Baby Le Xin

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Balloon Printing 2

Remember a year ago I did balloon printing with Le Xin? Ohh yes, I wanted to try it out again after a year  to see how she has progressed. 

This was what happened....

Excited to get started...

Paint and balloon are essentially the only things you need...
I bought my acrylic paint - $2 for 20ml  and postal paint $2 for 50ml
That's a good deal I thought :)

Le Xin dipping the balloon onto the paint...

Forming the print....

Trying out a different colour...

Dipping...

She was blotting and I realised the paint splattered  all over, so I think it was a better idea to have Le Xin to put on her yellow apron instead...

Observing the print...

This is such an easy learning experience to carry with any child. Go try it if you haven't,  most children simply love it. Sorry about the lack of update, I need to get every post up and ready before she turns 4. I have been very busy lately but guess what "LAZY people always think they are the busiest people on earth" so I have decided to stop having a busy (actually lazy) mindset on my head and get things going. I will and must make time to blog for my princess. 

I always have people asking me why I choose to spend so much time with my daughter doing art and craft? Yes you can tell from the number of blog entries I contributed under Aesthetic and Creativity. Sometimes, I find it hard to just say "It's good because it helps her to express her creativity" .
Sounds too cliche to me isn't it? 

Then guess what?

Recently, I read something really inspiring from the latest copy of Guide for Parents with Children in Child Care Centres. It says "We should be concerned about how far our children go, rather than how fast our children start. A fast start without strong foundations will not allowed our child to go far. A gradual start with strong foundations will certainly allow our children to go further" - From Mr Chan Chun Seng from MSF. 

 This kinda helps me to answer that question.... 

More often than not, teachers will ask the children to speed up when engaging in most activities at school . The big idea is to complete and not to learn and enjoy the process. The limitation of time with having so many things to do and a high ratio are all common problems that many early childhood educators faced in Singapore. 
Therefore, when the child is at home. WE PARENTS SHOULD NOT HAVE EXCUSES!

 Art and craft is one the best way to engage your child. I wrote tons of entries to advocate the need to PLAY and be engaged with ART! The reason is a simple one... because I strongly believe I am laying a strong foundation for Le Xin in different aspects. Strong foundation should never be based on only academic performances such as drilling your child with endless worksheets and attending many enrichment classes over a week. Strike a balance!

To wrap things up, always check your beliefs on how young children learn. Go into their world and learn with them and you realised you will relive your second childhood with a very different perspective.

Ending with a video of Le Xin laughing as she blotted!

No comments:

Post a Comment