Baby Le Xin

Sunday 23 June 2013

Making Pizzas

Time for MasterChef LX to churn up a new dish again hahaha :) This time round, Le Xin baked some yummy pizzas for the whole family...... For this learning experience, I really had such a great time observing just how confident and independent she was. To top it off, she really looked extremely cute and funny that day because I made an ugly looking baker's hat for her to put on....Don't boo me okay? My drawing and cutting skill sucks but please give me credit for my effort hahaha......

The coolest part of the activity was --------> the pizzas really tasted delicious!


Alright let's get started.....

Le Xin must be thinking to herself --------> I cannot believe I really can be a baker! hahaha :) Look how cute Le Xin was!

All ready, let's get started!

Wait! Let's act cute first!

Cutting the sausage!

Wow look quite skillful right? I didn't help her at all, I just allowed her to try this on her own :)

This is what I always call "HANDS ON" haha :)

Next, Le Xin cleaned the chopping board and place a bread on it......

She scooped a teaspoon of tomato puree and place it on the bread.....

Fine- Motor Skills - Scooping.....

Trying to fill up the bread with the puree...

Space Orientation - Spreading the puree on the bread with the knife....

Next, she added the sausage on the bread....

She started decorating.....

A serious and focus baker always look attractive right? haha

Adding the mushroom....

Scooping again......

Nicely done.....Looking good! Well done Le Xin zhu zhu na :)

Adding the cheese!

Sprinkling some Italian herbs...

Observing her pizza in the toaster...She placed both her hands behind her back hence showing that she understood that the toaster was hot!

Taking a close look...

I can see the light said Le Xin

Serving Daddy Scott the pizza! 

First Pizza baked by my darling girl......so proud of her!

Enjoying her creation!

Cleaning up after the cookery! Good helping hands :)


Why is important to spend time cooking together with your children? I always think it's a fantastic idea to get children involved in the cooking process. Since young, I love to cook, even though I am a bad chef and I can't really bake either but I really enjoy observing my dad when he cooks! My dad does not like us to cook anything in his kitchen, even till today. Reason being, he finds that we mess thing up rather than really cooking a proper meal. That's so sad, I wish that I have more opportunities to cook during my younger days, to think I graduated from Food and Nutrition class in my secondary school and Food Technology in Singapore Poly :(  aww~

So now,  I deliberately offer Le Xin what I didn't get to do as a child....hahaha! She can help me to fulfill my childhood dream (nah I'm only kidding, just want to let her have some fun).  On a serious note, cooking with young children is never an easy task tough.  Firstly, you need to provide them ample time for them to explore, it also requires you to have lots of patience because they often tend to explore "too much" meaning extra-clean up might be necessary. But if you were to ask me......it's all worth it at the end of the day isn't it? Just look at how engaged she was!

Next, I strongly believe when children are involved in cooking, they naturally become interested in food. So the next step is to get Le Xin to churn out some healthy recipes which she can tried out next time with her children too! Wow I am thinking too far yeah? Instead of spending time watching TV or playing with Ipad I think Le Xin should spend more time with me in the kitchen because it simply is a more meaningful way to spend her time. I want her to know she too can help to contribute to the family, she will be seen as a competent individual who can confidently finish a task.  Well, cooking is also a skill, with more practice, I think she will certainly be more skillful :)


Last but certainly not the least the perfect reason why I think you should let your children cook is because it simply help them to build SELF CONFIDENCE - something that no one can take that away from them :) 

Have a look at this short clip of my darling cutting sausages......mad cute at least to me as always :)



Kisses from MummyT2X till the next time I blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment