Baby Le Xin

Sunday 23 June 2013

Secret Messages!

Have you ever tried writing secret messages to your friend using orange juice and she will only find out what you have written when she brought the paper home to iron it? Well, I did that during my primary school days so I thought of trying this activity with Le Xin too!

Let's take a look at what we did :)

Look at Le Xin's face, just how excited she was!

MummyT2X guiding Le Xin how to cut the orange.....

So this is how the orange looks like on the inside......

Taking a closer look.......

Exploring....

Digging.....

A seed! said Le Xin

Can I eat this Mummy? asked Le Xin.... Well, actually she knew she can't eat it and she gave me a cheeky look after asking me that question :p

Started to squeeze out the juice.....

Mummy you want to try? asked Le Xin

Squeezing the juice with her hands :)

Observing the squeezed orange!

Little Hands @ Work!

One big squeeze!

Pouring the juice into a small plastic container......

Scooping the juice with a baby spoon.....

Smell nice!

Tasting it..... Yummy!

Okay I am going to use this brush.....

Dipping it into the juice.....

Let's write a secret message....

MummyT2X wrote this......and you can only see this under the light..but when it's dry you can't see the message anymore.....

Le Xin wrote this...... (so artistic....I wonder what's that?)


I ironed the all the paper after the all "secret messages" were written!

This was what  Mummy wrote..... My name Koh Le Xin said Le Xin happily

Le Xin's secret messages.....


Simple learning experience like this makes the children very happy and excited! Above all, I think they particularly like the element of surprise when they found out how their "secret messages" look like after ironing .

 This learning experience has indeed brought back  fond memories, it kind of reminded me of how I also tried writing secret messages with juice when I was a child.....In fact, when we were about to start the activity, Le Xin looked at the set up and asked Mummy are we going to make Lemonade again? Obviously, she could still remember our Lemonade Experience.....so sometimes it's good to do something similar with a little twist in the materials used or the way we do it agree? 

Ending this post with a photo of Le Xin painting with orange juice :)

I am going to paint a secret picture, do you know what it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment