Baby Le Xin

Sunday 16 June 2013

Water Babies!!!

When I brought Le Xin over to my sister's place, we went to Yew Tee for shopping and guess what I found??? WATER BABIES!!! I have been wanting to get a packet  to play with Le Xin at home. Water babies used to be quite popular among children a few years back but I am not too sure if children are still playing with them these days. 

So here's our learning experience, let Le Xin shows you step by step just what to do hahaha :)

Alright let's get started!

Firstly, remove the cap of the plastic bottle...

Pour the dried water babies in...

You can put some on your hand to observe the texture...

Using the funnel, pour the water babies into the plastic bottle....

You can look at the water babies through the bottle!

Or even give it a little shake...

Next, pour some water into a cup...

Then pour the water into the bottle...

Alternatively, you can also pour in the water in directly from the jug...

Lastly, observe the water babies in the water again....

Le Xin and I waited for our water babies to expand till afternoon before we played with them again....

Hooray, I am all ready to play with my water babies!!!

Firstly, pour all the content into a glass bowl, preferably glass so that you can see the water babies clearly....yippee!

Lot's of different colours.....don't they remind you of rainbow?

Scooping them....

Stirring them...

Here's how they look like?

You want to scoop this Mummy? asked Le Xin

How about transferring them into a container?

Let's pack and sell them...

Dropping the water babies back into the glass bowl...

Wow they feel super duper GOOD!!!

Do you want to know just how much my water babies have grown? They grow really fast....

From tiny babies like these....

To round and fat ones like these.....yeah yeah but no eating of these babies okay? 

Alright, hope you enjoy this post....It's a great idea to introduce water babies to children for sensory play because there are several ways to play with them. During my observation, I saw lot's of incidental learning going on for example Le Xin was particularly thrilled when she saw her water babies bouncing off when she accidentally dropped them on the floor. 

 However, water babies are not suitable for children under 3 because they can potentially be choking hazard for young children! Le Xin usually does not mouth objects but I don't think it's safe to let a child play this without supervision. So if you want to try this with your child, make sure you are there with him/her.

Alright ending this post with my favourite photo that I have taken while she was playing....

My water babies are so bouncy said Le Xin

No comments:

Post a Comment