Baby Le Xin

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Making Tuna Sandwiches....

Remember the previous time Le Xin made delicious pizza for the family?

This time round Le Xin decided to make some delicious tuna sandwiches...

Easy to make and best of all.... Yummy :)

Let's check it out!

All ready to start....Bread and Tuna and that's it!

Using a plastic knife.....

Scoop some tuna.....

And place it on the bread...

Hmm... I think it's easier to use a spoon...

Daddy Scott comes to rescue!

Okay I'm sure I will do a good job with the spreading....

Giving the bread a good press...

Packing the sandwiches on a plate for serving...

After serving to everyone, finally it's my turn to eat!

Mummy what's inside? asked Le Xin whahahaha :p 

There are many reasons why I think young children should be involved in "cooking". Firstly, I feel that it cultivates responsibility. When Le Xin is tasked to prepare a meal , she is serious about her role. To her preparing a meal is a form of contribution. Next, I strongly believe it also builds self-esteem. Le Xin is always very excited to cook and she feels a sense of pride and accomplishment, this could be seen when she was serving the food to me and Daddy Scott! When Le Xin was preparing a meal, we would discuss about the origin of the ingredients used, which helped her to learn more about food. To me cooking is a basic and life-long skill that I want my child to learn...What about you? What kind of meals did you get your child to prepare? 

Leaving you with a cute video of Le Xin - My Baby Masterchef! 

No comments:

Post a Comment