Baby Le Xin

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Toilet Rolls Printing!

I have been doing a lot of printing activities with Le Xin lately :)

Here's another with toilet rolls!

Recycling arts!

I am ready to start!!!

Are you ready to join me?

Le Xin squeezed out some red paint on a plastic plate...

She put the toilet roll on the paint and moved it in a circular motion...

 
Next,  she printed the toilet roll on the drawing board....

Then she went on to squeeze the paint onto another surface after trying out a few colours,  this time it was a transparent plastic cover...


Repeating the steps....

Printing the toilet roll again....

Le Xin made a discovery! Mummy you see the paint under the light said Le Xin

 Le Xin ran towards a light source and said to herself  I am going to try to put the plastic under the light again 

Wow Mummy you see it's so nice said Le Xin excitedly, learning about light and the concept of transparency all by herself....

So this was what I saw initially, was is something fascinating? Maybe not to me but it was certain amazing for Le Xin because......

This was what she saw and in her eyes, that was beautiful! I only realised that when I tried to look at it under the light haha :)

A simple printing activity turns out to be a good incidental learning for the both of us :) 
Best of all, I am glad that Le Xin takes delight in small things. I just to love to see how excited and enthusiastic she is when she constructs her own knowledge through exploration, it is such a wonderful feeling that it just can't be well up through words...

No wonder Fyodor Dostoyevsky states that "The soul is healed by being with children" how true indeed! I hope all parents are like me who love spending time with their children and yes it's true that you feel younger and relive your childhood again when you are with them :)

Ending this post with a big smile from Le Xin!


No comments:

Post a Comment