Baby Le Xin

Saturday 2 February 2013

Making Mandarin Oranges for CYN!

Mandarin Orange is definitely one of the yummy food that most of us love to eat during Chinese New Year..... When we go for house visiting, we would usually bring along two Mandarin oranges to exchange with our relatives or friends. To introduce the concept of celebrating CYN with Mandarin Oranges, I decided to engage Le Xin in this simple crafting activity - Making Mandarin Oranges!
 

These are the materials I need!
 
First up, crushing of newspaper!
 
Looks easy? You must be kidding, I need to use a lot of my strength you know?
 
Wrapping my newspaper ball with a piece of paper
 
Ohh no!!! I have to crush it again :p
 
Hooray, time to paint!
 
Let's paint the top first......
 
Concentration!
 
 
Le Xin in action!
 
Yeah! I am done :)
 
Culture can be expressed through clothing, currency, music, language, food, arts and etc....Sometimes by engaging in a simple crafting activity, it helps to reinforce certain concepts you wish to introduce to your little ones. The Mandarin oranges that we have created will be used as part of our Chinese New Year provocation, they can be used for role-playing too :) Time to end this post with a cute photo of my darling girl.....
 
Do you want to eat these?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
Eh........haha maybe not you can enjoy them Le Xin :p

No comments:

Post a Comment