Baby Le Xin

Monday 20 August 2012

A Day @ Sentosa!!!

Giving all the credits to my Hero ----> Daddy Scott for this post! We had so much FUN but it was a tiring day at Sentosa......Daddy Scott was practically carrying Le Xin the whole time.....so much so that he suffered severe arm ache the next day ohh noo!!! hahahaha (evil laugh)
We were invited to attend my ex-student Saanjali's 4th birthday Party at Sentosa's Port of Lost Wonders.....Seriously that place was cool but not suitable for children below two :(

Daddy Scott and Le Xin in the tram...
MummyT2X and Le Xin in the tram......haha look at Le Xin's face.....She can't wait to go back to her seat!
When we reached Saanjali's birthday party, Saanjali's held Le Xin's hand and led her in.......

This was not the first time Le Xin met Saanjali and I thought she would be a little shy. Fortunately no....Le Xin was more than happy to meet her.....smiling all the way while holding on to her hand :)

We couldn't stop laughing when we saw Le Xin in her swim suite.....She looks extremely CUTE beyond words whahahah!

 Then Le Xin went for her foam party........it was fun BUT!!!!

Look at the instructor's face.......she could really sense how uncomfortable Le Xin was....without Mummy and Daddy in the bubble pool with her :( she cried a little for us.....blame it on MummyT2X who was not happening enough to put on her swim suit whahahaha! So Le Xin came out of the pool shortly

Nonetheless, Port of Lost Wonders definitely has other attractions to capture the heart of my darling girl......look how engrossed she was when she observed how the other children were playing.

Come Mummy come jump in with me!!!

Mummy was splashing water at Le Xin......while she tried very hard to avoid being splashed!

Le Xin sat on the pool and starting using her legs to kick the water while Mummy observed how the other children were playing.....A very MAD Daddy Scott was taking photos "EVIDENCE" of MummyT2X not looking after her baby whahahahah! EYES ON THE BABY PLEASE Daddy Scott protested!

Le Xin was splashing the water......it's impossible for her to miss out on that!

Saanjali's mum handed Le Xin a present which was a food container and a small slingbag as a doorgift for Sannjali's birthday :) Then it was time to leave, Le Xin cried like mad. She still wanted to play but we promised to take her somewhere cool....... Here's Daddy Scott with Le Xin at the entrance of POLW before we left :)

Next up..........the "SOMEWHERE COOL" was obviously refering to....
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
Underwater World

I never seem to get sick of this place even though I visited it countless times all thanks to my students :)

Are you ready Le Xin? Cause Mummy and Daddy want to explore with you!!!!

Le Xin bending really low to observe the fish!

She was so excited that she started shouting at them......Sorry but they are not dogs they will not respond to you my dear! hahaha

Le Xin was sticking her hands into the water, trying to make a splash but when the stingray swam pass, she immediately removed her hand and gave a very frightened look......

Daddy Scott passed Mummy $3 to buy a bowl of food for Le Xin to feed the stingray......Le Xin was a little scared of the stingray but was certainly brave enough to feed them!!!

Seriously, it's not Le Xin's fault......who wouldn't be afraid of this creatures which is as big as my dining table......This prata definitely doesn't look as exciting as the roti prata we eat!

Le Xin wanted to touch the fish but she couldn't reach.....

Fortunately with Daddy Scott around.......everything is made possible :)

Le Xin spotted a coral that interest her!

Daddy Scott showing Le Xin the sea creatures and explaning to her what they were...

Then it was Mummy's turn...

Wow....look!!!

Daddy Scott and Le Xin observing a gigantic crab!

While Mummy showed Le Xin about the different parts of a crab!

Yes I know I am big....but stop staring at me hmph!

Want to be the model for Underwater World for the day?

Eh......please wait for me......I think I have to post first.... :)

Mummy squeezing Le Xin......which caused her to scream to no END whahahaha

Excuse me......did I get this right? Did you ask me to be careful of my head because of your so call LOW HEADROOM?

I have no such issues you see.......I have already walked out from your "ROOM"! haha

Le Xin standing on a travellator for the first time in her life!

Obviously Daddy Scott was overly excited......he tossed Le Xin up in the air and her head hit the glass panel whahahaha.....When she cried in pain, Cheeky Daddy was still laughing at her :(

Ohh noo....how to stop her from crying.....alright you may sit on the travellator.....

Haiz.....命苦啊!!!

Daddy Scott showing Le Xin a big fat fish.....quite ugly looking to me.....but its size was indeed enormous!

I was not lying......it looks ugly isn't it? hahahaha Mummy is very mean!

Suddenly these swam pass.....and Le Xin shouted Shark!!! This was how fast she picks things up. We used to mention about sharks in her Milly Mermaid Book :)

Le Xin is usually nonchalant about me taking photos of her........she is so used to me doing that since she knows I used it for her documentation. In fact, I often show her this blog and read the entries to her.... However, for our trip to Underwater World, she suddenly displayed an interest in wanting to use my camera. I knew I had to pass it to her for her to try bur frankly speaking in my heart, I was really afraid she might drop it haha :) Here's Daddy Scott teaching Le Xin how to operate my camera :)

Daddy Scott was laughing at Le Xin, he turned around and looked at Mummy then he said Haha from her view/angle she could only take photos of her shoes.......Which is perfectly fine with us :)


Here's a video of Le Xin and Daddy Scott on the travellator!!!


Then Le Xin became very tired.....then we have to witness her throwing tandrum...Daddy Scott had to carry her like a princess.......Don't judge us we are not spoiling her whahahahaha

If it's just pure carrying, obviously it was not as bad but she was kicking and moving. So look how stressed Daddy was........

Bravo to Daddy Scott's strong muscle, I would have lie flat if it was me! Daddy Scott obviously knew he couldn't depend on a weak Mummy :p but he wasn't protesting just patiently handling his darling......

Le Xin tried all sort of kicking tricks.......but obviously she met the "wrong" opponent....

Then she struggled to be free.....she wanted to come down.....just to roll on the ground.....obviously we need to be FIRM!!!

Help Help!!! Le Xin waved her arms. Daddy Scott walked off swiftly, not entertaining any of her nonsense at all :)

We managed to redirect her (just a good way to put it) actually we tried to distract her with Chuppa Chups......but afterall it was not too bad why?

We managed to win two lollipop for $1

Le Xin wanted to collect more lollipop and obviously Daddy Scott was very "配合" knowing that there were no more lollies....he still bent down with her :)

A happy Le Xin getting a free "tax" from Daddy Scott.....He bought her a blue dolphin balloon for $5.90.....She was hopping around with it :)

After the visit, Le Xin had her dinner - Macaroni with potatoes (I prepared them and kept in the food jar before leaving home) Then she went over to take a last post......almost impossible to persuade her to look at the camera... so this was the best shot I could take :)

Something about this kind of metal links never fails to attract a child's attention.....By far, I have never see any young child leaving the chain alone once he/she held onto it.......Le Xin was swinging it up and down!

We were at the skytrain going back home....Everyone was really tired.....Le Xin was playing with Daddy Scott.....she became so excited that she slapped her daddy's face and it hurt his eyes......

I do really admire Daddy Scott's patience towards Le Xin.......he just pinched her face gently and said NO firmly!

Le Xin did her favourite stunt in the train and she just enjoys it!!!

We went to Vivocity for dinner at Toastbox, take MRT to Tanah Merah then he took a cab home to Tampines cause we knowing waiting for a cab in Vivocity will kill all of us!

We were drop dead tired when we left Sentosa.......We discussed about our trip on our way home, would it be different if we brought our stroller along? Would it be different if Vivocity opens a special queue for passengers with young toddlers so that we do not have to take turns to carry Le Xin despite carrying two heavy bags as well.... The long queue on a PH to go into Sentosa gave us a feeling like we will never reach there haha! Even though we were all tired....we enjoyed the bonding! Yes the bonding of a family and that's important...

 Many people tells us Le Xin is cute and obedient......but behind the scene she can be very challenging too......We have countless sleepness night just because she cried endlessly on the bed kicking up a big fuss which we as parents can never seem to understand sometimes....Now Le Xin has started her worse temper tantrums commonly known as "TERRIBLE TWOS" I learn about this as a teacher but as a parent it's really different.... Sometimes tacky situations on how to stop her tantrums really gets into  our nerves too.....I am thankful, I am not alone in this journey....

When I say I give credit to my hubby for this post....I wasn't joking. When I say he was really struggling at the travellator, please don't think it was a funny thing to snap photos of how he struggled. It was really very challenging for him and he had to help me because I couldn't handle Le Xin as I do not have such strength when she tried to lean back and started kicking. I really appreciate my hubby for his patience and help. Documenting this process means a lot to me and hopefully to Le Xin too. When she grows up and read about how Daddy Scott was involved in taking care of her, I strongly believe she will see him in a very different way :)

That's nothing more that I can ask  for now except to keep on counting my blessings and be thankful for what I have.....I hope this post inspires others to know how important the role of a father is........ my own father is a very dedicated family man and I am blessed to have such a husband.... Of course we do fight, quarrel and nag at each other.......but we will always be best of best friend especially when it comes to shopping!!! A triple hugs with Le Xin is what we love best......ending this post with a nice video of Le Xin feeding the big fat stingray haha......Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment