Baby Le Xin

Thursday 25 July 2013

Air

We have been discussing a lot about air. We can't see air, but air takes up space. We breath in air, and we breath out air too but somehow the air  we breath in and out is different. Sometimes these concepts are just a little too difficult for Little Le Xin to understand afterall she can't see air, is that true? Hmmm.....

So I decided that maybe we should conduct a short experiment together to find out. To my surprise, she really enjoyed the experiment and it was a big joy observing her respond......

This was what I did with her!

I told her we are going to do a short experiment using a glass of water and a straw.... her replied was
Experiment again yeah yeah yeah I like....

She started to open the container that was used to store the water....

Peeping into the hole, she said Mummy there is water inside!

Hahaha Le Xin just can't wait to start....

She poured the water into the glass and used a straw to stir the water....
Next, she observed how the water started swirling.....

Next, I told her she can start to blow through the straw, but she took a sip of the water instead...
She kept drinking the water when I asked her to blow through the straw. I guess she was kind of confused, so I took another straw and demonstrated to her on what to do....and she understood  immediately and began trying it out on her own.....


Looking at the bubbles forming in the glass and the sound produced, she started laughing and appeared to think it's very funny :)

Well, I am not going to write a long conclusion, to sum it up in short.....Children take delight in small things, short little experiment like this makes them very happy. I am motivated to think of more experiments that I can conduct with her so as to encourage her to engage in active exploration, investigation and discovery.

Hopefully when she turns older, she can start to make more prediction, hypothesis and even recording her own learning experiences! 

Ending this post with a short video of her :)

Super cute isn't she? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment