Baby Le Xin

Friday 30 August 2013

Finger Painting Again!

Remember this? Here's another finger painting activity which Le Xin did and we can tell she has used a very different technique to paint this time by just looking at her masterpiece at the end of it :)

I am ready to start......

The focused child - Sweet!

Mixing and exploring colours....

Le Xin started to laugh when she noticed that her two fingers were stuck on to the paper with white paint......

She held on to another side of the paper and removed her fingers, then she started laughing again :)
When Le Xin gets into a happy mood she will start to do funny things...

For e.g. putting all her finger into the small pot of paint.....

Whahaha I have decided to use all of five of you!

Good exploration Le Xin...

Mummy see, my hands are red said Le Xin

Let's do a final touch up! 

Beautifully painted by my darling girl :)

I particularly love this work done by Le Xin because I like how she has explored the various colours and developed on her spatial orientation while painting. I guess each time she engages in finger painting, the first word that appears in her mind is FUN! There are so many benefits that come along with finger painting, fine motor skill is one, eye-coordination is another.  It also promotes self-expression, where children get to express their creativity using their imagination! The best part about finger painting is that it is EXTREMELY EASY Children usually enjoy the process because they could do it at their comfortable pace.

When Le Xin was painting, I do not comment on how she was painting because I value the process of her learning and I know my words will usually affect her so I just kept quiet and be an observer. 

Try finger painting with your child too! It is suitable for any age group even for older infants who can sit upright :) Having said that, if your child is less than 3 always choose EDIBLE PAINT just in case your child pops the paint into his/her mouth :)

Ending this post with my a video of my darling girl.....

No comments:

Post a Comment