Baby Le Xin

Sunday 18 August 2013

Fun with Spaghetti!

Here's the spaghetti printing which I did with Le Xin...

Please don't slam me for wasting food, I only use a little for this activity.

Woohoo....wonder what MummyT2X is going to do with this?

Ohh...She cooked it :)


Observing the cooked spaghetti...


Touching the spaghetti....

Let's take some out to have a closer look...

Ready to start! I want to use yellow paint said Le Xin

Look at her cheeky face!

Squeezing the yellow paint into her pellet 

Picking up the spaghetti

Mixing the spaghetti with the paint

Rubbing the spaghetti on her drawing board...

Forming her own patterns and prints...

Next, change to a different colour...

Trying a different printing technique...

Moving the spaghetti up and down

Green


Blue

Look at my hands said Le Xin

Very happy to show me her dirty fingers...

See my fingers Mummy said Le Xin

Trying out her the last colour - Black

Woohoo....looks like a long strand of hair... Happy Exploration...

Forming a big print...

Putting it back to the pellet...

In you go said Le Xin

Now my fingers are black said Le Xin

A little sensory play before she went to wash her little hands....


 I strongly believe that children should be given ample time and freedom to EXPLOREThis needs to happen before actual learning takes place.

This is often easier said than done, especially when it comes to a school setting where everything needs to be done quickly due to 1) time 2) teacher-child ratio 3) quantity of work we need to churn out.

Well, when I am at home with Le Xin, I have the luxury of time so I simply have no excuses but I  am also a mere human so I still  need to remind myself two important things... 1) If I want to rush Le Xin to complete something, or 2) if I expect her to produce a work in a certain way or manner.....Well I should be the one doing the work instead! Does that make sense?

After I have convinced myself about these two things, the next simple thing I have to do is just to KEEP QUIET and OBSERVE! haha :)

For example in the above observation.......

Little did I know, I eventually found a surprise
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

The end result of our exploration. ---> Our messy pellet; which is also a form of art! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment